Hydrogen offers a number of promising future commercial applications.
- Hydrogen can provide electric mobility using fuel-cell powered electric vehicles (FCEV) – an opportunity for development based on traditional uses for cars:
- Capacities from 11 to 260kg/d of hydrogen demands with standard modular solution and more for special corses
- Both hydrogen pressures of 350 and 700 bar for buses/cars and fuel cell technology vehicles
- It can be used to match the electricity produced by renewable energy sources with the effective demand of distribution grids (Power-to-Power)
- It can serve to provide carbon-free input to gas networks (P2G or Power-to-Gas)
When produced using renewable energy sources, it could also substantially reduce the carbon footprint of traditional fuels.